Mesajlar
Tepkime puanı
Yaş
Konum
Eskişehir
İlgi Alanı
Heli
Hello everyone,

This is the English version of Protos 380 build thread which i posted earlier in Turkish... ( )

Bu RESMİ görmek için izniniz yok. Giriş yap veya üye ol

Starting with motor mount first… By using slots at the left, we can adjust motor belt tension…

Next step is mounting the motor plate to central plate... Without fully tightening that screws which are in the slots (because we have not place the motor belt yet). We can see the third bearing of main shaft in the central plate too (pre assembled).

Belt tensioner comes pre-assembled already..

Mount it to its position in the central plate…

Main pulley and autorotation pulley come pre-assembled…

Assemle them with main shaft…

And place the main shaft into third bearing…

Now we can place the belts… We can tighten the motor belt at this point, or we can tighten it later…

Place the tail belt onto autorotation pulley and pass it from the inside of belt tensioner.

Then assemble the right, left frames and servo plates with motor and central plate assembly. First and second bearings of main shaft are placed on servo frames.

Fully tighten the screws of lower servo plate… Do not fully tighten the screws of upper servo frame since we haven’t placed the cyclic servos yet. There may be some differences in servo mounting hole distances.

Everything moves super smooth in tail case assembly. There are mainly metal and carbonfiber parts in order to get a precise movement. Design is based on Protos Max v2 tail case…

There is nothing much to tell about main rotor… It has a longer spindle shaft than Protos (500). I think it’s a good feature in terms of rotor disc area… And balls of pitch links look stronger and more reliable than Protos500. They have protos max v2 design…

Swashplate comes pre-assembled. Since it’s a critical part, we should check if the Loctite was applied to balls or not. All the links (servo and pitch) are equal in length, but we adjust uniball angles with respect to their mounting orientation. (90°, 60°, 120°…)

Gorilla landing gear will be mounted to main frame lower plate by using only two screws. It’s very flexible and durable, nearly impossible to break..

We will mount evoluzione boom with 4 long screws. There are slots on central plate here, in order to adjust the tail belt tension. Tail fin can be covered with leftover parts of Protos Max tailfin sticker. I also used some sticker from it to cover control rod. It’s the same colour with Protos Max v2 Orange (or neon red)… One end of the rod is a little bit more uncovered than the other end. Because we have to cut the ro about 5mm if we use micro tail servo…

Battery and esc support will be mounted to the frame… But it’s easy to place velcro straps at this point.

There are a few parts left… I should mount the cyclic servos first, then assemble the tail boom and canopy magnets… But esc hasn’t delivered yet, therefore i can not power-up the servos and set the servo horns 90°… Lets take a break here…

Servo horns are ready to install…

There are mostly servo mount screws,.. Mainshaft lock ring will be placed after fully tightening the upper servo plate. Control rod ends are ready… I want to mount tail servo first, adjust the horn vertically, and see if i should cut 5mm or more… Therefore i haven’t fixed them yet.

There are belt tensioner spring, tailfin fixing screws and tail pitch slider here…

Lets resume on the build…

Esc has arrived… I placed it in its position and soldered Suprax D4 connector… Motor wires are below, battery connetor comes out from side of the box… Place the velcros first, mount the esc later…

Plug in a cable to P input of hobbywing esc. This could be very helpful if we need to program or change the settings of esc in our first flights… We can remove that cable afterwards…
A screwdriver or similar tool can be used to tighten the esc o-ring.

Power up the servos and place the horns approximately 90°… A basic fbl setup could be performed at this step, too… After the build, we can edit and fine tuning the setup again.

Label the numbers to servos with respect to channel arrangement in fbl unit. This could be very helpful if there’s a need to change the unit or servo later.

Mount the servos to their plates in the frame..

Main shaft lock is placed, pressed down and tightened.. There shouldn’t be any vertical play in mainshaft.

Swashplate and anti spin support are placed…

Screw the main rotor to the main shaft… Mainrotor was pre-assembled before as you remember.

Servo and pitch links are mounted…

Install the boom, tailcase and tail fin… Double check that there is no belt twist inside of the boom. Place the belt tensioner spring… Move the boom forward and backward in slot holes to adjust the belt tension. Belt tensioner should be roughly perpendicular with respect to heli axis. Tighten the four long screws that holds the boom in its position when the tensioner is perpendicular at rest. Be careful that servo wires do not touch the belt. They can be taped upwards, see the picture below…

Meanwhile, we can do some wiring work… There will be a powerbus available soon, but i don’t prefer to cut servo wires. Extra connections are risky too… I prefer to plug the servo wires directly to fbl unit.

Mount the tail rotor to tail shaft…

Screw the rear canopy magnet support first, and magnets later… We’ll place the canopy and screw and disengage the half magnets later.

Aileron servo wires are routed to gaps that are at the sides of tail boom. Then they are passed under the tail servo and plugged in the fbl unit. This part looks neat.

Place the esc into its position. It is screwed with 6 hex screws and 2 magnet grub screws.

Mount the tail control rod… We covered it before, with leftover parts of tailfin sticker…

Tail blades... Stock 68mm... Totally same profile with Protos500 tail blades, only root thickness is different. (4mm-2.6mm)

By mounting the tail servo, we completed the electronics install except fbl unit…

Place the canopy, screw and disengage the male halves of magnets…

Check the center of gravity and decide where the battery should be placed. Since my battery is 1600mah (50-60g lighter than 1800mah) and my motor 2520-1360kv (40g lighter than 2820-890kv), overall heli is a little bit tail heavy… Therefore i placed the battery to lower side of battery mount, and get the ideal CoG…

Place the fbl unit and connect all servo and esc cables... Aileron and tail servo cables are routed the back side of bottom plate... ESC cable is routed all the way along bottom plate... Elevator servo cable is routed around main pulley... There is only satellite cable at the other side of the frame...

Perfect position for satellite is the bottom side of bottom plate… There are antenna wire fixing posts on the landing gear…

My main blade choice is Halo 385mm. (Switch 383 is also good)… Weight is 39g per blade…

The result :)

There’s a Turkish saying like that: A good builder is the man who saves some parts :) These are the excess parts from the build… Most of them are standart boom pins, screws etc. There are hardware for both evoluzione and standart boom in the kit.

Have Fun

MSH Protos 380 Build Thread (English)

I think maiden flight video would be very nice after that wonderful building issue Rasim, ;)

Bu VIDEOYU görmek için izniniz yok. Giriş yap veya üye ol

:thumbup: :halay: :bravo: :bravo:

Great machine, Great Thread :thumbup: :bravo:

Rasim, congratulations. Model looks like really nice. :bravo: And your build thread is like manual which includes informaton that is maybe more detail than real manual. :)

And I liked that one : a best builder who saves some parts :D :D

Cong again ! %p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk